The health, safety and comfort of our visitors and staff is, and will always be, the most important thing to us and we will continue to monitor and follow the latest guidelines from the UK Government surrounding Covid-19, complete the Covid-19 risk assessment and adapt our operating procedures accordingly.
Please read this information before booking your visit. If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email.
We are implementing a number of measures to ensure that you can visit us safely and enjoy our vineyard and award winning wines with your friends and family.
These include the following practical measures:
Updated 4 November 2020
Our Cellar Door Shop will remain open for wine sales and click and collect during the lockdown in line with the latest UK Government guidelines. We will not be offering tastings during the lockdown.
1. All public tour groups and tasting events from 5 December onwards will be limited to a maximum of 30 people, plus Greyfriars staff, to facilitate social distancing. This will be subject to review every two weeks and as government guidelines develop.
2. We will not be accepting individual bookings of more than 6 people for our public or private tours and Local Artisan Tasting event in December.
3. Customers at our Cellar Door Shop will be limited to one household (up to six people) and are required to wear a mask for entry to the shop. If you do not have a mask and still wish to enter the shop, we will provide you with a disposable mask (if available) and add a charitable donation of £1 per mask to your purchase.
4. We will only be accepting card payments at our Cellar Door Shop, not cash.
5. Visitors for our Local Artisan Tasting and Festive Fizz Tour and Tasting events from 5 December onwards will spend part of their experience indoors in our Tasting Room on socially distanced barrel tables. Guests will be required to wear masks upon entering the Tasting Room and whenever they are not seated at their table (visiting the toilet facilities, for example).
6. All staff and visitors will be asked to observe social distancing from those not in their household at all times and not to mingle with others outside of their booking.
7. All staff and visitors for tasting events will have their temperature checked upon arrival. Hand sanitiser will also be available upon arrival.
8. All high-use contact points at our Cellar Door Shop and Tasting Room (door handles, card machines) will be sanitised every hour.
9. We kindly ask that you do not pick up or handle bottles at our shop. When you have decided on what you would like to purchase, please inform a member of staff who will prepare the wines in a bag/box for you to take away.
10. Toilet facilities will be available onsite but we are unable to clean them after every use. They will be cleaned every two hours (approx.).
11. We kindly request that if you or any members of your party develop symptoms of Covid-19 in advance of your visit, please contact us and we will rearrange your booking for an alternative date. If you feel unwell upon arrival or during your visit, please let a member of the Greyfriars team know immediately.