The health, safety and comfort of our visitors and staff is, and will always be, the most important thing to us and we will continue to monitor and follow the latest guidelines from the UK Government surrounding Covid-19, complete the Covid-19 risk assessment and adapt our operating procedures accordingly.
Please read this information before booking your visit. If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email.
We are implementing a number of measures to ensure that you can visit us safely and enjoy our vineyard and award winning wines with your friends and family.
These include the following practical measures:
Updated 15 April 2021
We will begin reopening for tour and tasting experiences from Saturday 17 April.
Our Cellar Door Shop will be reopening on Wednesday 14 April for wine sales and click and collect in line with the latest UK Government guidelines.
Our brand new Tasting Room will be opening from the week commencing Monday 17 May in line with the latest government guidelines.
1. All public tour and tasting events from 17 April onwards will be limited to a maximum of 24 people, plus Greyfriars staff, to facilitate social distancing. This will be subject to review every two weeks and as government guidelines develop.
2. We will not be accepting individual bookings of more than 6 people (or two households) for our public or private tours or our Local Artisan Tasting events.
3. Customers at our Cellar Door Shop will be limited to one household (up to six people) and are required to wear a mask for entry to the shop. If you do not have a mask and still wish to enter the shop, we will provide you with a disposable mask (if available) and add a charitable donation of £1 per mask to your purchase.
4. We will only be accepting card payments at our Cellar Door Shop, not cash.
5. Visitors for our Vineyard Tour and Tasting events will spend the majority of the experience outdoors. Visitors for our Local Artisan Tasting or Friday Fizz events will spend part of their experience indoors in our Tasting Room on socially distanced barrel tables. Guests for indoor events will be required to wear masks/face coverings upon entering the Tasting Room and whenever they are not seated at their table (visiting the toilet facilities, for example).
6. All staff and visitors will be asked to observe social distancing from those not in their household at all times and not to mingle with others outside of their booking.
7. Hand sanitiser will be available upon arrival.
8. All high-use contact points at our Cellar Door Shop and Tasting Room (door handles, card machines) will be sanitised regularly.
9. We kindly ask that you do not pick up or handle bottles at our shop. When you have decided on what you would like to purchase, please inform a member of staff who will prepare the wines in a bag/box for you to take away.
10. Toilet facilities will be available onsite but we are unable to clean them after every use. They will be cleaned every two to three hours (approx.).
11. We kindly request that if you or any members of your party develop symptoms of Covid-19 in advance of your visit, please contact us and we will rearrange your booking for an alternative date. If you feel unwell upon arrival or during your visit, please let a member of the Greyfriars team know immediately.