We are delighted to be able to welcome visitors to the vineyard for the resumption of our tour and tasting experiences from Saturday 4 July 2020.
The health, safety and comfort of our visitors and staff is, and will always be, the most important thing to us and we will continue to monitor and follow the latest advice from Public Health England and the UK Government surrounding Covid-19, complete a Covid-19 risk assessment and adapt our operating procedures accordingly.
Please read this information before booking your visit. If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone or email.
We are implementing a number of measures to ensure that you can visit us safely and enjoy our vineyard and award winning wines with your friends and family.
These include the following practical measures:
1. All public tour groups in July will be limited to a maximum of 12 people, plus the tour guide, to facilitate social distancing. This will be subject to review in August and as government guidelines develop.
2. Customers at the shop will be limited to one household (up to six people).
3. We will only be accepting card payments at our Cellar Door Shop, not cash.
4. The entire tour and tasting experience will take place outside where possible.
5. All staff and visitors will be asked to observe social distancing from those not in their household at all times.
6. Hand sanitiser will be available upon arrival.
7. All high-use contact points at our Cellar Door Shop (door handles, card machines) will be sanitised after each customer. Please allow additional time for this to take place.
8. We kindly ask that you do not pick up or handle bottles at our shop. When you have decided on what you would like to purchase, please inform a member of staff who will prepare the wines in a bag/box for you to take away.
9. Toilet facilities will be available onsite but we are unable to clean them after every use. They will be cleaned every two hours (approx).
10. We kindly request that if you or any members of your party develop symptoms of Covid-19 in advance of your visit, please contact us and we will rearrange your booking for an alternative date. If you feel unwell upon arrival or during your visit, please let a member of the Greyfriars team know immediately.